- These Terms apply to Mach Cab’s product Mach Meter mobile applications and / or website in Finland.
- Application / Website Services allow you to obtain services from Third Party Service Providers or directly from Mach Cab. These services are provided or made available under Mach Cab brands such as MACH CAB, MACH METER and MACH LIGHT.
- When you acquire Third Party Services, you enter into an agreement directly with the Third Party Service Providers and Mach Cab will act as an intermediary to enable you to obtain and receive the Services (Taxi service and customer)
- When you acquire Mach Cab Services, you may be required to agree to separate terms for those Services.
- Please read these Terms carefully. They contain important information about, among other things, the services you provide and your rights.
We are Mach Cab, an auxiliary company incorporated by Qaisar AY in Finland, registered with the PRH and YTJ. A Finnish company for taxi based services i.e Mobile Apps, Website and related products.
“Community Policy” means the applicable rules that all users of the Application / Website Services should follow when using the Services.
“Third Party Service Providers” means independent third parties such as independent taxi drivers, logistic companies, transport companies, app users and / or other mobility service providers.
“Third Party Services” includes services and goods provided to you by independent Third Party Service Providers in the fields of transportation, delivery and logistics, mobility solutions, and the food and retail and grocery industries, among others. Third-Party Services include, for example, transportation services. These Services will be provided through the Application / Website Services as defined below.
“” means Mach Cab or its subsidiaries or affiliates (including “we”).
“Mach Cab Brands” means Mach Cab brands such as MACH CAB and MACH METER.
“Mach Cab Services” means services provided to you directly by Mach Cab and subject to separate terms. These include, for example, fare management system under the MACH METER brand and mobility services or under the MACH CAB brands.
“Mach Cab Identities” means the business names, logos, product or service names, trademarks, service marks, design protection, other proprietary notices, and copyrights of Mach Cab or its licensors.
- These Terms apply to your access to and use of Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites (the “Terms”). It is your responsibility to read and accept these Terms carefully before using the Mobile Application and / or the Website. Accepting the Terms constitutes a contractual relationship between you and Mach Cab. If you do not agree to these Terms, we do not guarantee that you will be able to use Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites. These Terms supersede any prior agreements or arrangements between you and Mach Cab regarding the Application / Website Services (as defined below).
- Mach Cab acts as an Intermediary for Third Party Service Providers for Third Party Services and as a Service Provider for Mach Cab Services (see Section 4 below)
Application / Website Service (s)
- The services provided by Mach Cab to you are as follows:
- Access to and use of Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites that enable the acquisition and receipt of Third Party Services and / or Mach Meter Services; and
- Payment receipt and payment services (including delivery of invoices and receipts on behalf of Third Party Service Providers) allow us to debit payments from you and pay them to a Third Party Service Provider’s bank account for Third Party Services or Mach Cab Services (Mach Cab may use Group Companies or third parties to provide these services) (together with “Application / Website Services”).
- These Terms apply when you use the Application / Website Services in Finland. By acquiring access and using the Application / Website Services in another country, you may be subject to country-specific terms.
- Mach Cab mobile applications and / or websites are available to you under several Mach Cab brands.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Application / Website Services are provided for your personal use only and not for commercial purposes.
- You may acquire Third Party Services or Mach Cab Services through Mach Cab’s mobile applications and/or websites, to the extent provided
Third Party Services
- With respect to Third Party Services, Mach Cab will act as an intermediary between you and the taxi customers to enable the provision of fare management system to you. Mach Cab does not provide Third Party Services. All Third Party Service Providers are independent operators, registered companies or other legal entities that do not operate under Mach Cab.
- When you log in, online and near Taxi Customer who have also requested your services, the Mach Meter Mobile Apps and / or Website will provide you with information about the Taxi rides after completion of rides.
- Taxi customers and Mach Cab (for Mach Meter Services) may unilaterally accept or reject order. Acceptance must be notified by taxi customer to you. Estimated fare must be notified to taxi customer by you verbally as the Mach Meter Mobile Application displays.
- For some Third Party Services, you may be required to agree to separate terms before using such Third Party Services.
- You may be asked to rate the ride experience from whom you obtained the Services (Mach Meter App).
- The Taxi customer is not responsible for any errors or conflicts in app before/during/after the ride.
Mach Cab Services
- For Mach Cab services, Mach Cab acts as a service provider. The special terms for Mach Meter Services are defined as separate additional terms or a separate agreement.
Use of Application / Website Services
- Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites can be accessed either by downloading them or using them on mobile devices with an Internet connection and the most common operating systems, such as Android or iOS.
- You are solely responsible for obtaining the network connection necessary to use the Application / Website Services and for making any charges and fees from your mobile network provider, including data usage for using Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites. In addition, you are responsible for the applicable hardware and operating systems required to access the Application / Website Services, including software and hardware updates.
- To use the Application / Website Services, you must register for the Mach Cab Mobile Application and / or Website and create a user account. At the time of registration, you must be either 18 years of age or an adult if the age of majority in your country of registration is other than 18 years of age, unless otherwise specified in the specific terms and conditions as per Finnish Law.
- In order to register, you must provide us with certain personal information, including your phone number and email address. In order to use the Application / Website Services, Mach Cab and Mach Meter, or certain Third Party Services, you may be required to provide information required for at least one form of payment (credit card, debit card, or other authorized method of payment). You may also be required to provide other documents or additional information, such as your address and driving license and vehicle information, before you may use certain Mach Cab/ Mach Meter Services.
- You have no obligation to log in to or use Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites, if any reason provided by Mach Cab/Mach Meter such as no payment or incomplete documentation. If you choose to discontinue using Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites, you may do so without notice to us.
- We may temporarily block your access to and use of the Application / Website Services if we suspect that you are violating your obligations (Section 6 below) or these Terms. This may be the case, for example, if we receive a report of suspected fraud. There may be situations where we are unable to provide you with information regarding the report because an investigation is in progress (by us and / or a third party such as the police).
- When using the Application / Website Services, you must comply with all applicable laws. You may use the Application / Website Services only for lawful purposes and for the purposes for which they are intended to be used as set forth in these Terms. You may not misuse Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites or attempt to defraud us or Tax office or Taxi Customers.
- When registering and using the Application / Website Services, you must provide correct and complete information.
- Your ID and user account are personal. It may not be licensed or distributed unless expressly approved by Mach Cab. Once you’ve created your ID, you’ll need to:
- no more IDs will be registered unless we agree otherwise in writing;
- you must not allow third parties to use your identity and you must not transfer your identity to a third party;
- your user information must be considered accurate, complete and up to date;
- you must always keep your login information confidential; and
- must let us know immediately if you have reason to believe that someone knows your username or password, or if you suspect that someone else is using your account.
- You are responsible for making all payments and charges that may arise from the acquisition of Taxi Customers (return of extra cash) or Mach Cab Services under your usernames, as further specified below.
- When using the Application / Website Services, you must not cause harm, harassment, inconvenience or any damage to Taxi Customers, Mach Cab or any other party.
Payments and Payment
- Fees for Application / Website Services
- You will be charged for using the Application / Website Services. However, we reserve the right to change a usage fee, in which case you will be notified in writing of the usage and given the opportunity to terminate these Terms before the charge is made. In the event that you do terminate these Terms, you will no longer have access to or use the Application / Website Services.
- We reserve the right to charge for special add-ons to Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites. These parts and usage fees may be subject to separate terms.
- Payments for Mach Cab/Mach Meter Services.
- By placing an order through the Mach Cab Mobile Application and / or Website, you agree to make the applicable payments as described in the Mach Cab Mobile Application and / or Website and are responsible for any fees or costs associated with your user account.
- Payments may be displayed in the Mach Cab mobile app and / or website prior to ordering, depending on the service used (Mach Cab/ Mach Meter Services) and its location, among other things. Otherwise, payments depend on your use of the Mach Cab Services. We can give you an estimate of the fees to be charged. Please note, however, that the final amount that you may be charged may differ from the estimated amount.
- You may be charged additional fees, costs and / or fines by Third Party Service Providers for the use or misuse of Third Party Services (such as police or tax office) or by Mach Cab for the use or misuse of Mach Cab/ Mach Meter Services.
- For certain taxi customers, you may request a lower fee from the taxi customer and its solely your and taxi customer mutual agreement.
- In some cases, if the Taxi Customer or Mach Meter Services cannot be performed due to your actions or omissions (for example, if you are not present in the taxi vehicle), all charges may nevertheless be charged.
- Once the agreement period is locked, we may issue an invoice to you either directly or on behalf of the Third Party Service Provider, as the case may be. The invoice includes VAT if it is applicable to the service or product purchased.
- For more information about charges and additional costs, fees and / or penalties for Mach Cab Services, please refer to the support section of the Mach Cab Mobile Application and / or website or our website for Mach Meter, for example.
- The amount of payments may be changed from time to time in Mach Cab’s website about packages.
- Payments do not include tips. If you wish, you can provide tips either in person to the tax office. We do not collect tips through the Mach Cab/ Mach Meter mobile apps and / or websites on your behalf and forward them.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all payments will be due immediately after the order is placed and processed by Mach Cab using the payment method selected for your user account, after which Mach Cab will send you a receipt via email. If the primary payment method you choose is not available, Mach Cab may use a secondary payment method, if one exists. If the payment method you have chosen is not available, we reserve the right to continue charging.
- Payments include applicable taxes, including VAT.
- In some cases, you do not have the right to cancel your subscriptions with Mach Cab Services in case of any pending payments. However, for certain users Mach Cab/Mach Meter may accept cancellations, in that case you may be charged a cancellation fee.
- Mach Cab may deny orders and cancel Mach Cab Services if it has reasonable doubts about the accuracy of the fare system or contact information. In this case, too, you may be charged a cancellation fee.
- You can view the Cancellation Policy in Cancellation Policy document.
You are granted a personal, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, unlicensed license to install and / or use the Mach Cab Mobile Applications and / or Websites on your device, provided you comply with Traficom Terms. The license is granted solely to you and for your access to and use of the Mach Cab/Mach Meter mobile applications and / or websites. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Mach Cab/Mach Meter and its licensors.
Intellectual Property Rights
We reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Terms. Our application / website services, devices and data collected through Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites (including all related intellectual personal and vehicle rights) are and remain the property of us or our licensors. You may not, and shall not have the right, permit any other party to: (a) license, sublicense, copy, modify, distribute, create, sell, resell, transfer or rent any portion of Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites; (b) reverse engineer or attempt to decrypt the source code of Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites, except as permitted by law; (c) launch or cause the launch of certain programs or scripts for the purpose of raking, indexing, researching or otherwise extracting data in or on Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or websites; (d) use, display or manipulate any Mach Cab IDs for any purpose other than to use Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or services; (e) create or register any (i) company or business, (ii) web address, (iii) domain name, (iv) software application name, title or ownership, or (v) social media IDs or profiles that contain Mach Cab emblems or any other sign, name or work which is likely to be confused or substantially similar; (f) use Mach Cab IDs as your social media profile picture or wallpaper; (g) acquire keywords or keywords (including Google Ads) that contain any Mach Cab IDs; or (h) apply for registration, reference, use, copying and / or claiming ownership of Mach Cab IDs, or other names, marks, titles or works that are likely to be confusing or substantially similar, in any way, for any purpose, alone or in combination with other letters, words , with brands, designs and / or other creative work; except as permitted under the limited license described above.
We collect, use and disclose information received from or about you as described in our privacy statement. Other privacy statements may apply to Mach Cab Mach Taxi Services, including those of third parties acting as controllers.
Liability and damages
- You are responsible for any damages we suffer as a result of your actions in violation of these Terms, your misuse of the Application / Website Services, or your actions that violate any law or third party rights (police and taxi office). You are responsible for all actions taken through your user account, unless those actions are authorized by you and you have not acted negligently in any other way.
- In order to access the Application / Website Services, you agree to defend (at our option) and protect us and the persons, directors and employees working on our behalf against all claims, liabilities, costs, damages, penalties, fines, social security contributions and taxes related to your failure to comply with these Terms or breach of applicable law or third party claims directly or indirectly related to your use of the Third Party Services, Mach Cab and Mach Meter Services or other services.
We provide the Application / Website Services as is without warranty of any kind. Application / website services may be subject to restrictions, delays and / or other problems typical of Internet services and electronic communications. We do not warrant that the Application / Website Services will always be available or error-free.
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes liability that cannot be legally limited or excluded, including liability for personal injury caused by negligence, liability for fraud or willful misrepresentation, or liability under mandatory consumer protection law, to the extent that it cannot be excluded under applicable law.
- Subject to these Terms and the use of the Application / Website Services, we will not be liable for: (i) any loss of profit or; (ii) loss of sales or revenue; (iii) loss of contracts; (iv) loss of expected savings; (v) loss of use or corruption of software, data or information; (vi) damage to or loss of goodwill; and (vii) indirect or consequential damages.
- We are not responsible for:
- damages or losses resulting from a transaction between you and a taxi customer; or
- The availability or accuracy of the content, products or services of the Third Party Service Provider.
- We will not be liable for any delays or inaccuracies in performance due to causes beyond our reasonable control.
- In no event shall our total liability to you in respect of your use of the Mach Cab Mobile Applications and / or the Website (and in connection with any other arrangements between us where liability is determined by separate agreement) exceed EUR 400.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we make no warranties or assume liability for the acts or omissions of you or any third party.
- You may use the Application / Website Services at any time (subject to availability) and you may terminate these Terms and the Application / Website Services by closing your account.
- We may terminate these Terms and block your access to the Application / Website Services with immediate effect if we believe that you have breached these Terms or any other agreement between you and Mach Cab regarding the Mach Cab/Mach Meter Services.
- Mach Cab may unilaterally terminate these Terms or terminate its Application / Website Services at any time by giving you reasonable notice in writing.
- If we are unable to charge you according to the payment method you choose, we may block access to Mach Cab/Mach Meter mobile applications and / or websites until the payment has been made.
- Upon termination, you must immediately pay all outstanding payments to the Mach Cab/Mach Meter. All such charges will survive termination and we reserve the right to charge any fees after termination.
- Mach Cab reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. We will notify you of any changes within a reasonable time. Changes will be binding on you from the time they are notified to you in Mach Cab’s mobile applications and / or website and / or email. If you do not accept the changes, feel free to close your user account in accordance with section 15.1.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of an individual term in these Terms shall not otherwise affect the validity or enforceability of the Terms. Any such invalid, illegal or unenforceable condition shall be deemed removed.
- We may assign or transfer these Terms or any of our rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, without your prior consent, provided that this does not result in a diminution of the rights to which you are entitled under these Terms or the law. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or any rights or obligations, in whole or in part, as your right to use the Mach Cab/Mach Meter Mobile Apps and / or Website is personal unless otherwise agreed.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us, together with any separate agreements for your use of the Application / Website Services, and supersede any prior agreements relating to your use of the Application / Website Services.
- You may be required to accept additional terms to sign in or use the Application / Website Services. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and the separate agreement, the latter shall prevail, unless the separate agreement expressly provides otherwise.
- There are no external beneficiaries in these Terms other than as stated in the Terms.
Consumer disputes related to the application/website services or these Terms may be referred by the consumer user to the FCA’s free consumer advice mediation after the user has first submitted their complaint to Mach Cab Customer Service and the matter has not been resolved by agreement between the parties. Where applicable, consumers may also submit their complaints about our services or these Terms to the European Commission’s online dispute resolution service in accordance with Regulation No. 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013. Mach Cab does not undertake to use the online dispute resolution service to resolve consumer disputes.
These Terms will be governed by the laws of Finland, excluding its conflict of law rules, unless you reside in the EU and act as a consumer, in which case you will be subject to more favorable consumer protection laws in your country of residence. The Convention on International Trade (CISG) does not apply. Legal proceedings concerning services may be brought before the competent courts in Finland. If you live in the EU, you can also bring proceedings in the competent court for your place of residence. If you reside in the EU, we may only bring legal proceedings against you in your country of residence, unless you are acting in a position other than that of a consumer, in which case you accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the Finnish courts.
By accepting these Terms, you agree to be bound by the Terms.